Join us for Kids Yoga!
January 16, 23, and 30
February 6, 13, 20 and 27
March 6, 13, 20, and 27
Best for 2-5 year olds
Adults and their preschoolers will have fun spending quality time on the yoga mat going through warm up poses and songs that are geared towards teaching kids how to control their actions and emotions in stressful situations. This class is great for bonding time while watching your little yogi have fun!
Please call or stop in to register your child. $5/class
We are transforming a part of our exhibit floor into a mini maker faire during the months of January and February! Take a break from your cell phone and tablet, bring your whole family, and drop in to make something with your child! Here are some of the challenges we have in store:
- Balloon Powered Cars - January 2-11: For the first two weeks of Make-uary, come in to Discovery Space to design a car that runs off of balloon power!
- Duct Tape Challenge - January 14-18: See how closely you can recreate an object or create something new using only duct tape and your imagination!
- Silly Snapshots and Shadow Fun - January 21-25: Play with perspective this week. Take silly snapshots by using our camera or your phone. Also, tell a story by making paper shapes that appear to look like shadow animals on our wall.
- Hovercrafts* - January 28-February 1: Turn a CD into a working hovercraft! If you have an unneeded CD, bring it in to use.
- Snow Globes* - February 4-10: Bring a small object to glue inside and we'll provide the rest to make a mini snow globe.
- Chromatography Creations - February 11-February 15: Using the science of chromatography, make a flower or a piece of artwork using washable markers.
- Sew What?!* - February 18-February 22: Experiment with sewing! Follow our examples or use your imagination to make your own creation.
- Bobsleds* - February 25-March 1: Use recycled materials to construct a miniature bobsled and then race it down a track!
*Some activities are subject to change if supplies run out.
Girls Night at the Museum: Forensics in Action
Saturday, March 28, 5-8pm for girls ages 8-12
Fingerprints, fibers, and blood, oh my! Join us for an all-girls night at the museum and learn methods that forensic scientists use to solve crimes. Pizza and juice will be served. $10. Please call or visit to register your daughter.
Join us for a celebration of nano science and technology! Throughout the weekdays we will have a nano-themed activity going on culminating Saturday from 10am-2pm with a museum full of nano!
Monday, April 6, 9am-4pm
Join us for a one-day camp filled with science games. We'll turn some old favorites new again using science to make them more exciting. We may even create a new game that you can take home! Ages 6-12. $40 members/$55 non-members. Extended care (7:30-9am and 4-5:30pm) available for an additional $10.
Every Wednesday, 2 sessions: 10:15-10:45 and 10:45-11:15
Visit with your baby to explore science together through books and movement. Perfect for adults with a 6-month to 2-year-old child. Free with membership or paid admission.
*Please note: There will be no Science on Thursday, March 12 (Penn State Spring Break).
Every Thursday, 11-11:30am
Join us for our favorite, free preschool program.We are planning new science activities and hope to see you there! Want a longer experience? Visit early for story time, starting at 10:30 am on Thursdays. Free with membership or paid admission!
January: Discovering My Community
February: Discovering My State
March: Discovering My Country
April: Discovering My World
May: Discovering My Universe
*Please note: We will be closed Thursdays, November 27, December 25, and January 1.
Thursday Story Time
Every Thursday at 10:30am
Enjoy 20 minutes of stories and songs for preschoolers. Free with membership or paid admission!
The first Friday of each month from 12:00-3:00pm are Homeschool Days. Homeschool families are admitted at the group rate of $5 per person during this time.