Fridays, January 16, 23, and 30
best for children ages 2-5
10:30-11am ABC Yoga
Little Yokes Yoga is taking over our Studio in January! We are trying a new partnership, and would love your feedback. ABC Yoga is a fun, interactive way to learn basic yoga poses and concepts while going through the alphabet by using asanas, singing and the imagination
Each session is $8 per child or purchase 3 classes for $20. Space is limited. Register by calling or visiting our front desk.
We are transforming a part of our exhibit floor into a mini maker faire during the months of January and February! Take a break from your cell phone and tablet, bring your whole family, and drop in to make something with your child! Here are some of the challenges we have in store:
- Balloon Powered Cars - January 2-11: For the first two weeks of Make-uary, come in to Discovery Space to design a car that runs off of balloon power!
- Duct Tape Challenge - January 14-18: See how closely you can recreate an object or create something new using only duct tape and your imagination!
- Silly Snapshots and Shadow Fun - January 21-25: Play with perspective this week. Take silly snapshots by using our camera or your phone. Also, tell a story by making paper shapes that appear to look like shadow animals on our wall.
- Hovercrafts* - January 28-February 1: Turn a CD into a working hovercraft! If you have an unneeded CD, bring it in to use.
- Snow Globes* - February 4-10: Bring a small object to glue inside and we'll provide the rest to make a mini snow globe.
- Chromatography Creations - February 11-February 15: Using the science of chromatography, make a flower or a piece of artwork using washable markers.
- Sew What?!* - February 18-February 22: Experiment with sewing! Follow our examples or use your imagination to make your own creation.
- Bobsleds* - February 25-March 1: Use recycled materials to construct a miniature bobsled and then race it down a track!
*Some activities are subject to change if supplies run out.
Join us for a celebration of nano science and technology! Throughout the weekdays we will have a nano-themed activity going on culminating Saturday from 10am-2pm with a museum full of nano!
Every Wednesday, 2 sessions: 10:15-10:45 and 10:45-11:15
Visit with your baby to explore science together through books and movement. Perfect for adults with a 6-month to 2-year-old child. Free with membership or paid admission.
*Please note: There will be no Baby Explorers on November 26, December 24 (Closed), or December 31.
Every Thursday, 11-11:30am
Join us for our favorite, free preschool program.We are planning new science activities and hope to see you there! Want a longer experience? Visit early for story time, starting at 10:30 am on Thursdays. Free with membership or paid admission!
December: Discovering My Neighborhood
January: Discovering My Community
February: Discovering My State
*Please note: We will be closed Thursdays, November 27, December 25, and January 1.
Thursday Story Time
Every Thursday at 10:30am
Enjoy 20 minutes of stories and songs for preschoolers. Free with membership or paid admission!
The first Friday of each month from 12:00-3:00pm are Homeschool Days. Homeschool families are admitted at the group rate of $5 per person during this time.