Volunteers are crucial in helping Discovery Space deliver great science experiences. We welcome dedicated, dynamic volunteers to help in a number of ways, and all volunteers are equipped for success through orientation, training, and coaching.
If you enjoy working flexible hours in an energetic environment, and have a passion for learning and teaching, consider applying to become a Discovery Space volunteer!
- Exhibit Floor Volunteer: Enhance the guest experience by facilitating interactions with exhibits and helping maintain a safe, clean museum environment.
- Education Volunteer: Assist the science educators in leading regular (often weekly) programs.
- Special Events/Outreach: Facilitate hands-on activities at events in and around State College, often on weekends and evenings.
- Behind the Scenes: Opportunities include office help, committee membership, photography/videography, exhibit tech squad, gardening crew and more.
- Counselors-in-Training: We are seeking responsible, hard-working and creative volunteers in grades 9-12 to become part of our Hamer Camp Counselor Program.
Time commitments vary depending on the position, with exhibit floor and education volunteers ideally committing to regular shifts of at least 2-4 hours per week. Some positions require background checks.
Benefits of Volunteering at Discovery Space:
- Be part of the Discovery Space team and see creativity, curiosity, and imagination at work!
- Sharpen your skills, or develop new ones
- Build relationships and your resume
- Free parking during volunteer hours
- Opportunity to receive a free one-year Family Membership after 50 hours of volunteering during 12 consecutive months
Interested? Complete this short Volunteer Interest Form and our Volunteer Coordinator will contact you to discuss your interests and the current opportunities. Questions? Contact us at Volunteer@MyDiscoverySpace.org.
Thank you for your interest!