Discovery Space seeks an Operations Manager to join our team. This position is accountable for the daily operations of the museum. Responsibilities include front desk management, volunteer supervision, exhibit gallery oversight and guest service.
- Bachelor’s degree and previous management/administrative experience in similar environment or work place;
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Mastery of software management tools such as MS Word, Excel and others, in addition to cash transaction systems;
- Work experience with children including safety and security systems;
- Budgeting and human resource management in a non-profit organization.
This is a salaried part-time position, 20-30 hours per week. Current PA criminal and child abuse background clearances are required.
Resumes, letters of interest, and contact information for three (3) references should be submitted to Allayn Beck: info@MyDiscoverySpace.org
Discovery Space seeks an
enthusiastic individual with experience teaching science to pre-K and
elementary aged audiences to join our growing team.
The major responsibilities of this
position are: designing and delivering innovative afterschool programs for K-5
students, assisting with the facilitation of early childhood education programs
and occasional weekend educational events on-site and off-site, as well as
leading summer camps, birthday parties and field trip groups.
This is a part-time position, 16-20 hours per week with potential for growth. Current PA criminal and child abuse background clearances are required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in education or science; however, experience will be
strongly considered no matter the degree;
- Minimum two (2) years of experience developing and
facilitating educational programming with kids ages 3-12, demonstrating good
classroom management skills, and understanding how to effectively engage youth in
- Team focused attitude, passion for connecting children with science, outstanding interpersonal skills,
understanding of childhood education, and the ability to supervise and motivate volunteers and children.
Resumes, letters of interest, and contact information for
three (3) references should be submitted to Allayn Beck: info@MyDiscoverySpace.org.