We’re only about six months out since our Grand Opening in October, and I wanted to let you know what has been happening at Discovery Space:
• Over 200 families have joined as members
• Over 11,000 visits have been made since the informal opening during Arts Fest last July
• We’re providing a great field trip venue for schools, and a super place to host a birthday party
• Plans have been made for our first 2 summer camp weeks
• We’ve offered more than 35 programs and events, attracting over 500 participants and their families (Did you get to the ‘Science of Chocolate’? Have you heard about the Master Gardener workshops that are coming soon?)
Wow. That’s a lot. And—plans are underway to launch new exhibit areas and programs—exploring such topics as the complexity of the human body, outer space, and our region’s unique ecology. Exciting stuff. I recently wrote our first annual fundraising letter
—I hope you got yours—because we can’t do any of this without support from the community. Membership fees and admission costs cover only a portion of our expenses, so we need your help!
All gifts, regardless of size, will help Discovery Space expand exhibits and onsite offerings, develop strong outreach programs, and become a premier destination place in central Pennsylvania. If you join me in imagining all the ways that fun science learning can impact our children and our community, your gift will help make that vision a reality. Thank you! And please stop in and say hello the next time you’re in Discovery Space!